Microsoft has confirmed it will launch the Lumia 930 smartphone, running on Windows Phone 8.1, on July 17 in the UK and will offer pre-order customers some freebies to intice them into purchasing the phone.
While we have reported that some Carphone Warehouse stores in the UK have already put up signage about their contract and non-contract prices for the phone, Microsoft has not officially offered any info on what the off-contract price will be for the Lumia 930. The signage indicated that the SIM free price for the phone will be £479.95, or £99 up front and £28 per month for a contract.
Here's the full press release from Microsoft. Will you be getting the Lumia 930 if you live in the UK?
Lumia 930 available in the UK from July 17th
The latest Lumia beautifully integrates the best of Microsoft and Lumia services
07/07/14 – London, UK
With the latest 8.1 software and the best of Microsoft and Lumia services, the Lumia 930 delivers an unrivalled user experience and the ultimate in video and imaging smartphone capability, all from only £33 per month on contract.
The Lumia 930 packs a rich suite of differentiating applications and services into a beautifully crafted design featuring metallic details and vibrant new colours. All this is achieved while still keeping content like photos, videos and documents in sync using the free OneDrive cloud service across Windows Phone, PC, tablet, Xbox and other connected devices.
The crystal clear 5-inch OLED display lets you watch in full HD and your favourite shows, movies or video clips are viewable in any light conditions as the device uses PureBlack screen technology. Equipped with a high capacity 2420 mAh battery and built-in wireless charging, there is little need to worry about running out of battery.
- The class-leading 20MP PureView camera with optical image stabilisation and high quality ZEISS optics ensures that capturing and reliving amazing images and videos is quick and easy.
- The enhanced Nokia Camera app with Living Images makes it easy to add movement and emotion to static pictures and the addition of other free imaging apps such as Nokia Storyteller, Nokia Creative Studio and Nokia Refocus lets you bring even more levels of creativity to any picture.
- With four high-performance microphones and Rich Recording, the Lumia 930 captures HD video like never before, with incredible directional audio and support for 5:1 surround sound capture and playback.
- A 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor ensures that experiences such as Xbox gaming, image capturing and video processing, are faster, smoother and richer than ever before.
- SensorCore technology brings low power motion sensing, helping you track your activities all day long with minimal power use – perfect for apps such as Bing Health and Fitness and external wearable monitors.
- Integrated features including single swipe notifications in the Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Nokia Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, all work seamlessly to make the Lumia 930 a great tool for productivity, work and play.
"We live in a world that is becoming even more social and where sharing and capturing moments has never been so important," said Conor Pierce, VP of Microsoft Devices for the UK & Ireland. "The Lumia 930 is the perfect blend of design, colour and Microsoft Lumia services, delivering cutting-edge technology to create an unrivalled video and imaging smartphone experience that are instantly shareable."
Wireless charging functionality together with a wireless charger will come as standard in the sales pack of the Lumia 930. In addition, Microsoft will run an exciting promotional offer - from the 17th until the 31st July all Lumia 930's purchased from participating retailers will include a free additional wireless charger, the outstanding MD-12 speaker plus a voucher for £20 of free apps from the Windows store. Altogether, this promotional offer is worth around £130 RRP.
The Lumia 930 will go on sale with UK retailers from the 17th of July and will be available from Vodafone, EE, Phones4U, O2, Carphone Warehouse, Tesco and Amazon. It will also be widely available across other UK High Street and online retailers in a range of vibrant colours including bright orange, bright green and black. Phones4U will stock the Lumia 930 exclusively in white.