After beginning to push out last week, it seems as though the first firmware update for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL is now showing up for more users across the UK, Ireland and likely other locations as well. The initial push only went out to a limited number of users, but now more are seeing it. The firmware update brings a number of changes to the phones, including:
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Improvements for SD memory card support.
- Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
- Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
- Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.
You can see if you phone has the update by going into Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates to see if it is live. If it is, you should see a MICROSOFTMDG update waiting. If you don't show the update just yet, you'll need to be patient as we wait for Microsoft to continue the roll out.
There are still no reports of the update hitting either phone in the U.S. on the unlocked or AT&T variants. When you receive the update, be sure to let us know which phone it appeared on and where you are located in the comments below.