Microsoft has now launched its official Skype for Business app for Windows Phone as a replacement for its old Lync 2013 app. Microsoft began internally testing the Skype for Business app a few months ago, but it has now pulled the trigger and made the app live for everyone to use.
Here's a look at the main features of the Skype for Business app:
- View shared content during a meeting, on your mobile device
- Initiate a group conversation (IM or video) or invite additional participants
- Join, rejoin, and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate amazing ideas
- Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees)
- Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
- Pick up your conversations from the point where you ended them last
- Join (and enjoy) a Skype for Business Meeting even if you don't have a Skype for Business account
- Enhanced security with Skype for Business certificate and passive authentication
In addition to the new name and logo, the app itself has also received some improvements and additions compared to the Lync 2013 version:
- New Look and feel & Emoticons
- At-rest Data Encryption (Requires Re-install)
- Server Side Conversation History Support (Requires Skype for Business Server)
Thanks to Bryan and Hardik for the tips!