We're about to go to CES 2015 in Las Vegas. All my gadgets are packed already, but the clothes are still in the closet. Curious what I'll be bringing to the weeklong tech madness? Watch the video and take a look the gear list.
- Canon 5D Mark II
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
- Sennheiser EW100-ENG G3 Combo System
- Canon EOS M with EF-M 22mm STM Lens
- Benro A48TBS4 Video Monopod with Twist Lock Legs, S4 Head
- Polaroid Optics Fader ND Filter
- Sunpak LED 96 video light
- Rycote Hot Shoe Extension
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Canon 5D2
- Energizer Smart Rechargeable Charger
- Macbook Pro 15-inch with Retina Display
- WD My Passport Ultra
- Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX
- Nokia Lumia Icon
- iPhone 6 Plus
- Microsoft Band
Most of these things will fit inside the backpack. There are straps where I can attach the monopod to the pack, but I tend to just hold the monopod when walking around. When flying, I leave the batteries, chargers, and monopod in my carry-on luggage.
I'm bringing the iPhone 6 Plus in addition to the Lumia Icon because the Mobile Nations team use Slack (slack.com) to communicate with each other. Unfortunately, the app is not officially out yet on Windows Phone. I hope it becomes available soon.
I've been using the Canon 5D Mark II as the main camera for a while now. It gets the job done, but there are newer cameras that will definitely get things done better and faster. Have any suggestions? Let me know in the comments!
So that's my gear for CES 2015. Make sure to bookmark: windowscentral.com/ces2015 to follow all the action.