Maxthon (www.maxthon.com) is a popular web browser available for multiple platforms, including Windows Phone. The alternative to Internet Explorer has accumulated hundreds of positive reviews since it was released back in October and the development team are back with a massive upgrade for users before 2014 arrives.
So what's new in version 126.96.36.1990? You better grab a chair, get comfy and start on that cup of tea. Here's a quick look at new features included in this latest release:
- Speed links - Allows you to enjoy the most popular and useful websites right at your fingertips.
- Tab recovery - Easily restore your last visited page with just one click of a button.
- Customizable UI colour - Allows you to pick a UI colour just right for you.
- Progress bar - Let's you see how fast your pages load.
- Quick Access - With this new feature, it now takes seconds to add your favourite website to Quick Access.
- Smooth Scrolling - Scroll through your pages with ease.
- Optimized memory usage - Allows you to use multiple tabs at ones without the slightest fear of crashing.
The speed links are a pretty neat new feature, enabling you to gain easy access to both popular and useful (or relevant) websites and resources. Tab recovery is perfect for those who wish to restore the most recent visited page, while smooth scrolling and further optimisations on memory usage makes the app a breeze to use on your Windows Phone.
The official change logs state that new options have been added to enable you to customise the colour of the UI. Unfortunately, we're still unable to hunt down this hidden setting (we'll reach out to Maxthon to see what's up here). If you're looking for a web browsing experience with more on offer than the standard Internet Explorer, we strongly urge you to check out Maxthon and give the service a go.
You can download Maxthon from the Windows Phone Store for free.