Here's a quick list of what's been added to the apps with these updates, according to the official Skype blog, which bring the version number to 2.21:
- Send photos - You can now send photos to one or more contacts and you can receive photos from friends and family who use an iPhone (V5.0 or above) or Windows Phone 8 or Windows Phone 8.1 device. When you share photos to your contacts who use other platforms, they may receive a URL link to open the pictures. This is the first step: we're working hard to build this new photo sharing experience across all of our platforms, so look out for more improvements over the coming months
- See more conversation history - In chat view, you can now scroll up to load even more of your conversation history.
- Text mark-up - Use text mark-up such as asterisks to make your text bold and underscores to make your text italic.
- Add favorites from chat view - In chat view, tap the options button and add the contact you're chatting with to your favourites.
- Performance improvements - We're focused on building a great app that puts conversations first by working hard on performance improvements.
Keep in mind that the app updates are rolling out now and may not be available for your phone, tablet or PC until later today. What do you think of this new Skype update for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1?
Update: An earlier version of this story incorrectly noted that the Windows 8 version is also receiving an update. This has now been fixed to reflect the error.
Source: Skype blog