The contest itself has already begun and app developers have until February 19 to submit their apps in five categories:
- Green app: Focuses on reducing drivers' carbon footprints.
- Fleet app: Focuses on managing a fleet of more than one vehicle more effectively.
- Business app: Focuses on helping a business manage its resources (i.e., people, time, money) more effectively.
- Gamification app: Focuses on gamifying driving in a safe manner.
- Wildcard app: An app which has a primary function that does not fit in any of the above categories.
The developers of the winning apps in each category will be named on March 2 and will receive a $1,000 Visa gift card. See the source link for more details.