The launch of the open world fantasy RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is just a few days away (it will be released May 19) and now Microsoft is giving one lucky winner a chance to get the massive, and sold out, Xbox One version of the game's Collectors Edition. This normally retails for $149.99.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collectors Edition has a ton of content:
- The standard edition of the game
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10" w US), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- An exclusive, collector grade Witcher medallion
- A one of a kind SteelBook
- A two-hundred page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- A huge Outer and Inner Collector's Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
- An Exclusive CD with the Official Soundtrack
- The Official, Developer-Created "The Witcher Universe: Compendium"
- A Beautiful, Detailed Map of the In-Game World
- A Set of Unique Witcher III Stickers
- A cloth game map
- Two Gwent card decks
The Major Nelson website has the details of how to enter the giveaway. Basically, all you have to do is to answer this question in the contest post: "Magical powers or brute force combat, what's your strategy for fighting monsters?" The grand prize winner will get the Collector's Edition, which will also be signed by Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb, plus the Season Pass for The Witcher 3.
Another winner will get an Xbox One digital code for The Witcher 3 plus the Season Pass, while three more people will receive Witcher 3 digital codes. The deadline for entry is on May 22 at 4 p.m. Pacific time (7 p.m. Eastern time).
Source: Major Nelson