Update: Some users are seeing a "Coming soon" message when they launch the SharePoint app. It's possible that the real version is still rolling out to all markets.
Microsoft has officially launched the public preview version of its SharePoint app for Windows 10 Mobile. The app allows businesses that have Office 365 subscriptions to share news, sites, documents and more.
Microsoft stated in a blog post:
The SharePoint mobile app helps keep your work moving forward by providing quick access to your team sites, organizational portals and the people you work with throughout Office 365 by letting you search for content and people across your organization. We leverage the Microsoft Graph to power several of the in-app experiences, providing you relevant information to get to the content and people you work with most frequently.
Here's a list of the features in the SharePoint Windows 10 Mobile app:
- Navigate from Sites to team sites you follow or frequently visit.
- Navigate from Links to important sites configured by your organization.
- Catch up on what's happened with the Activity view, which shows recent file activity in your team site.
- Open your document libraries with the OneDrive app and then edit your files using Office mobile apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- Learn more about people you work with and discover what they are working on.
- Perform an enterprise-wide search to find sites, files and people throughout your organization.
Since this is a preview version, there are likely to be some issues with the app. Still, if you're interested, you can go ahead and download SharePoint Preview from the Windows Store now.