Today, Microsoft has released their new Video Tuner app for Windows Phone 8.1 users. The app brings a full suite of video editing options to the table and is based on of the latest Imaging SDK 1.2. Although there are some third-party video editing apps for the OS, Video Tuner adds filters and some unique features.
Video Tuner allows Windows Phone users to trim, crop, rotate, flip, mirror, and speed change. The changes made are dynamic, so users can see the effect right away as the video is still playing on the phone. When creating a video, you can also add music through the music library on the device, letting people make an attractive creation.
Video Tuner features
- EDIT: trim and edit the speed of your video from slow-mo to high-speed action.
- ADJUST: Exposure, contrast, saturation and color
- APPLY: fun filters and effects
- TRANSFORM: Video aspect ratio, rotate, mirror and flip
- AUDIO: adjust volume or add your favorite music
- SAVE and SHARE: Save and share edited clips on OneDrive, social networks or directly with friends and family
A unique and fun option is the ability to add filters to videos, including various color and black and white film styles or the horror-ish negative. Additionally, users can save videos formatted for Instagram and Vine, although you cannot upload directly from the app.
Microsoft has done an admirable job in creating Video Tuner, setting the bar for video editing apps on the platform. It will be curious to see where the app goes from here as Windows Phone 8.1 evolves.
Watch our hands on video or head to the Store to download the app now.
- Download Video Tuner from the Store Windows Phone 8.1 Lumias only