Microsoft has released a bit of a surprise update for the Windows Insider build of Windows 10 Mobile this evening. The new build carries the version number of 10586.29, and acts as the first cumulative update for the latest Windows Insider build — hence the minor version increase.
As a minor update, this one brings along a number of fixes to address feedback sent in since the release of the last build. From Windows Insider chief Gabriel Aul:
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
In addition, Aul says that Microsoft is using this build to add some additional devices to the pool for Windows Insiders, with the LG Lancet, Lumia 550, Lumia 950, and Lumia 950 XL set to become available for Insider builds early next week.