Microsoft's Windows Phone Monthly Photo Contest - Pets
While there have been a few hits and misses, for the most part our Windows Phone cameras have helped many capture some fantastic photos. In recognition of our Windows Phone photographic talent, Microsoft has launched a monthly photo contest.
Winning photos will be featured on the Windows Phone Blog and across Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest channels. Each month a photo theme will be tapped with the first month asking for pet photo submissions.
Now here's the fine print on contest submissions.
Send your photo entries to email@example.com with information on which Windows Phone you used, any photo apps you used to edit the image and a two-three sentence description. Additional directions for entry submissions is as follows:
- In the subject line of your e-mail, please write “CONTEST: PETS”
- The photo you send must have been taken with and edited on a Windows Phone
- Please attach the original JPEG file to your e-mail, with metadata included
- If the photo has been edited, please let us know which apps/settings you used
- Please name your file using your first and last name, followed by the theme of the contest (this month it’s “Pets”). So, for instance, my e-mail would include a photograph named DavidChenPets.JPG
- Please use the highest resolution possible when sending your photos
- One entry per person, please.
You can find the finer print of the contest rules here.
The first monthly contest runs until 11:59 p.m. PDT on August 31, 2012. After the contest deadline, Windows Phone Blog officials will look over all of your entries and choose their favorites. Entries will be judged on their creativity, resourcefulness, aesthetic beauty, and just the overall impression your photo makes the judges.
We've seen some great photos through the various WPCentral Photo Contests and it will be fun to see all the images Microsoft will discover.
Source: Windows Team Blog