One of the very first video editing apps we got for Windows Phone was Movie Maker 8.1, and to this day it's still one of the absolute very best. Today, there's a substantial new update pushing out with one of the headline features being support for 4K video.
Oh, and if that wasn't enough, we've kindly been provided with 100 codes to snag a free plugin within the app from the developer. But you'll have to be quick!
Before any giveaways, first, let's see what's new in this latest update to v 22.214.171.124, as supplied by the developer:
- 4K and 2K video editing and encoding (upscaling and downscaling too)
- 100% rewritten Instagram encoder and uploader
- Squared or centered formats for Instagram video uploader
- Squared (1:1) encoding formats
- Audio waveform on all the editing pages, for precise trim/crop/split.
- Upload video to YouTube (IAP)
- Download video from YouTube
- Download mp3 from YouTube (extract the audio part)
- Image duration can now be up to 33ms (1 frame), for perfect time-lapses compositions (by popular demand)
- Media blocks in the timeline have now different colors depending on the type: video, title, transition, image, voice recording, audio track, etc. (for an easier identification).
- New "video info" menu on the editing and sharing pages
- The menu bar was reorganized to better handle all these new features.
- New Lumia Imaging library (removed old Nokia one)
4K video is still only available to a small number of Windows Phones, but for those that can shoot it, Movie Maker has some great tools for you to actually use it. We're already big fans and there's some great stuff in here. It also uses V3 of the YouTube API, so we're already ahead of the game on that one.
Now, the codes. To grab a free plugin you'll need to be one of the first 100 readers to claim using this code inside the app:
Have at it! And if you need some download links, you'll find those below.