MyTube remains one of the best third-party YouTube apps for Windows Phone. Today, there's a new update that adds the ability for the app to receive video upload notifications, among other improvements.
Here's a look at what you will get when you download and install the 18.104.22.168 update:
- Ability to receive video upload notifications from 10 channels of your choice (go to that channel's page to enable notifications)
- Developer messages no show up as small notifications, which you can tap to view the full message
- myTube's share page changed to focus on watching videos, rather than adding them to the "watch later" list
- Layout change for "add to playlist" popup
- Layout fixes for devices with on-screen navigation buttons
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused a crash when signing in with no internet connection
If you have never tried myTube, the full version costs $0.99 but you can also download a trial version for free from the Windows Phone Store.
Thanks to Abhishek and Aamir for the tips!