Yes, NAVIGON is having a big day today. They've released their famous GPS mapping software to the masses and we'll have our video/hands on up in a few. Until then, you can grab their ad-supported Traffic4All app in the Marketplace (or pay $1.49 for no ads).
The app is powered by INRIX, of which we already have a free version in the Marketplace. So why use Traffic4All? Dare we say it's much better than INRIX's attempt--you're getting NAVIGON's maps, INRIX's traffic info and the layout is much more smooth and easier to manage.
We really dig the forecast option, or more specifically, how it's implemented. Scrolling is also nice and smooth and the options seem top notch. Full feature list:
- List view, arranged by distance to traffic congestion, plus display of report date and reliability
- Traffic density forecasts based on data records
- Community reports
- One-click function to reveal or hide disturbances shown on the map
- Map zoom option
- Full-screen mode
- Map view in portrait and landscape format
- “Current traffic density” – icon to report incorrect route colouring
- Advertising-free version available to purchase
- Languages: German, English, French, Dutch
- Coverage: most of Europe + USA + Canada
We really like this app so far and are looking forward to putting it through some tests. Until the, pick it up here in the Marketplace.