The official National Rail Enquiries app is a gorgeous new experience for those looking to travel aboard the UK rail network. It's a must-download for those who frequently use the national service.
The UK rail network can prove difficult to navigate, especially if you're not familiar with different operators, their coverage, various stations for connections and just how quickly delays can develop. The National Rail Enquiries app is a portal into the rail network, enabling you to plan your journey, purchase tickets, view live arrivals/departures and even receive travel alerts.
Think of the app as your personal guide from when you leave the front door. Here's a list of highlighted features:
- View all your favourite and recent journeys
- Plan journeys home or to work all on one screen
- Pin your journey to the start screen for one-tap journey plans and live train requests
- Live journey updates for your home station from the app tile on your phone home screen
- Live departures and arrivals boards for any station
- Get travel alerts as they happen
- Plan your journey to/from a London Underground or DLR station
- Compare rail fares & buy tickets
With rail prices increasing above the rate of inflation, the ability to compare fares and potentially save some pennies is a neat feature we're sure many will continue to rely on. It's also free, so there's really no reason at all as to why you wouldn't download the app to your Windows Phone.