While the Xbox One Summer Update released to the public only one week ago, the Xbox team is rolling out its fifth Xbox One Preview build since the public launch. Today's update continues to build upon the changes implemented earlier this month, introducing new customization options for the console's startup chime.
For the first time since the Summer Update was available to Preview members, the changelog for tonight's build, rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160810-1700, lists no known issues. As always, the update will be available to enrolled consoles at 6 PM PDT / 9 PM EDT.
- Startup Chime
Thanks to the passionate feedback of the Xbox Global community, you can now modify, turn on, or turn off the startup chime! You'll find three new options in Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
- On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
- Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when the console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
- Off (startup chime never plays)
- Xbox Universal Store
This build contains multiple fixes to address crashes in the Store.
Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause time-based trials to display incorrect time remaining.
Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause a "Try again later" error to appear when newly purchased content is downloading.
Resolved an issue which could cause errors when attempting to purchase or play movies and TV shows.
Resolved multiple issues which could cause certain universal apps to fail to install.
- Game DVR
You should now receive a "storage is full" notification when attempting to upload a capture to Xbox Live if storage is full.
Resolved an issue which could cause certain games to fail to recognize the controller upon launch.
Check out our other articles for more info on the Xbox One Summer Update.
- Xbox One Summer Update review
- The Xbox One Summer Update is rolling out, here's the full changelog
- Xbox help, tips and tricks
- Here are all the Universal apps launching with the Xbox One Summer Update
- How to control background audio on Xbox One
- How to turn Cortana on the Xbox One off and on
- How to use the new Games & Apps section
- Xbox Discussion Forums