The Xbox One Summer Update has rolled out to the public, but those of you in the Xbox One Preview still have new builds to look forward to.
This latest update, set to arrive at 6 PM PDT and 1 AM GMT brings some fixes to payments, USB keyboards on the Xbox One S and repairs an issue with Party Chat while using Kinect.
As usual, to force this update go to All Settings, then System, then select Console Info & Updates. As noted by the official Xbox Forums, the full details are as follows:
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160730-2312
Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/1 (1:00 AM GMT 2/8)
Payments & Billing
- When adding a new payment method, the "View terms" button should now function correctly.
- Resolved an issue which caused the Xbox One S to fail to recognize USB keyboards after powering on.
- Resolved an issue which could cause party chat to crash when using the Kinect.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
My Games & Apps
If a universal app version of an app is available, the version which is not currently installed may appear under Ready to Install (causing what appears to be the same app both installed and in Ready to Install).
You may encounter an installation error (0x800700002) when attempting to install or update universal apps.
Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app. If you have the app installed on both the internal hard drive and an external hard drive, be sure to uninstall from both.
- If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
We're still waiting for Microsoft Groove UWP to break cover, which is slated to enter Xbox One Preview any day now. For more coverage on the Xbox One Preview and the Xbox One Summer Update. , check out the links below.
- The Xbox One Summer Update: here's the full changelog
- The next Xbox One Update: Xbox Clubs, Arena, and Looking For Group
- Xbox help, tips and tricks
- How to control background audio on Xbox One
- How to turn Cortana on the Xbox One off and on
- How to use the new Games & Apps section
- Xbox Discussion Forums