The New York Times Crossword is now available on Windows Phone and Windows 8. The NYT crossword puzzle is a daily puzzle published by the New York Times newspaper and on their website. The New York Times crossword puzzle was started in 1942 and is one of the most popular crossword puzzle series in the history of the game. Now you can play on your Windows smartphone or tablet.
Here's what you get with the app:
- Lay anywhere: Your subscription now gives you access to The Crossword on NYTimes.com at no additional charge! Just connect or create an account in your account settings and Play Anywhere. Your Windows puzzle progress will be saved and available on the web and vice versa!
- Daily puzzle: It's the same puzzle that's printed every day in The New York Times newspaper. All daily puzzles are available the previous day at 10p EST with a subscription, so enjoy Tuesday's puzzle on Monday at 10p! Practice and learn how to solve the puzzle on Monday or Tuesday or challenge yourself with even harder puzzles later in the week.
- Stylus: If you have a Surface tablet, you can solve the way crosswords were meant to be solved: write directly on the puzzle as you would in the newspaper! (Windows 8.1)
- Mini puzzle: Short, sweet and available without a subscription every day! Get a quick crossword fix when you don't have time for the whole thing. (Windows Phone)
- Past puzzles: Subscribers also enjoy nearly 20 years of classic puzzles from our archives.
- Modern puzzle features: Solve puzzles that include new tricks like rebuses, highlighted or underlined squares, and more!
The New York Times Crossword app is free to download and let's you get unlimited access to the daily puzzle and the calendar archive for seven days. After that, you can subscribe to the newspaper for full access.
Take the crossword for a spin and let us know what you think!
Thanks for the tip Kurt!