NOAA Hi-Def Radar weather app is now available for Windows 8.1. The official radar app from WeatherSphere was released on Windows Phone just last week. Today's release for Windows 8.1 brings the powerful and beautiful app to a bigger screen.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar pulls data from NOAA. As you may or may not know, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is a scientific agency with the U.S. government. Therefore, this app is only useful for those in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Here's what you get with NOAA Hi-Def Radar for Windows 8.1:
- Sharp images
- Choose between Radar layer for rain or Cloud Coverage layer.
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Fast Loading
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- See images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Get fast support from within the app
First impressions of NOAA Hi-Def Radar on Windows 8.1 are, like the Windows Phone version, positive. And if you were one of those who picked up the app on Windows Phone you'll be happy to learn that you already own it for Windows 8.1. This is one of those universal Windows apps that you buy once and can use on phone, tablet or PC.
An app like NOAA Hi-Def Radar becomes incredibly useful if you live in an area where the weather changes on a somewhat frequent basis. The high definition radar weather images are delivered to your Surface in real-time.
Grab this weather app for your Surface and other Windows 8.1 device and let us know what you think! Don't forget you buy it once and unlock it on all your Windows devices.
- Download NOAA Hi-Def Radar for Windows Phone ($1.99)
- Download NOAA Hi-Def Radar for Windows 8.1 ($1.99)