We've witnessed the marketing power of the Nokia "The Amazing Everyday" campaign throughout Europe, and the public in New York and Paris have had the opportunity to stand in awe at the sight of a giant Windows Phone. Now it seems Nokia wishes to push its way through India, launching the Lumia 710 and 800 today, with a planned marketing campaign - and it's big.
To give an idea as to how massive this campaign will be, check out the list below:
- Impromptu dance performance in Mumbai with free food and drink.
- Luxury helicopter ride for consumers in Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
- Exclusive premiere for pre-bookers with tennis star Sania Mirza at the Ambience Mall in Gurgaon.
- Musical event, and artificial snow zones recreated at certain PVR outlets, in Delhi.
- Toll exemption for more than 15,000 vehicles on the DND freeway, connecting Delhi and Noida.
- Salt Lake will feature a "winter wonderland" created with artificial snow in Kolkata.
As well as the above list, we'll be excited to see an "aggressive" promotion and advertising strategy being put into effect. We've already had a flash mob performance at malls in five cities, so it'll be interesting to see how the manufacturer expands on this throughout the country. The Lumia 710 and 800 can be picked up for Rs 18,999 ($360) and Rs 29,999 ($570) respectively.