UK mobile operator O2 has released a brand new app for Windows Phone, titled O2 Academy. The app, if you're not familiar with the branding, enables customers to enjoy latest live music events with information and details on favorite venues and artists to really get into music. Already available on both iOS and Android, it's good to see the app finally make the move to Microsoft's mobile platform.
O2 has highlighted some features from the Windows Phone Store listing:
- Find details of events and artists, with the all new Gig Hub
- Tell your friends which gigs you're going to and see if they're going too
- Count down to the event with our timeline
- Get directions to the venue, weather forecast and more
- Social media updates from your favourite artists and venues
- Upload a video of your night and you could be on O2 Academy TV
- Wave your phone in the air to create your own light show
The operator has been heavily supporting Windows Phone with multiple hardware launches, as well as a strong collection of apps on the store. Here are some other apps available on the network:
It's even possible to turn the smartphone into a light show through movement. Do you make full use of O2 Academy? Let us know your thoughts on the experience in the comments.
- Download O2 Academy (Windows Phone 8.1 and available to O2 customers only)