Now that all dust is settling on the "World wide launch event" for Windows Phone 7 next week, we're just going to summarize what we know and what we're expecting, including what devices we predict we'll see.
- 9:30am: Keynote speech by Ballmer and de la Vega (from AT&T), simulcasted to London
- 10:15am: Hands on with AT&T's Windows Phone 7 lineup
- 11:30am: A look at Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 "Global portfolio" aka devices for the rest of the world
- 11:30am: HTC and T-Mobile private, press event
- 3pm: HTC and T-Mobile public, customer event
AT&T: Ready to launch on November 8th
- Samsung Cetus: 5MP, 4" screen, 8GB storage
- LG C900: 5MP, slide kb, 3.2" screen, 8GB storage
- HTC T8788 aka 'Surround': ?
Runners up include the LG GW910 or maybe something from Asus.
T-Mobile: Ready to launch late November
- HTC HD7: 5MP, 4.3" screen, 8GB storage
Yes, despite some confusion, we know for a fact HTC and T-Mobile will be on hand (in a separate location) for a special preview of their "latest device".
Of course, we'll be at all of those events during the day, covering it all for you folks. And yes, I'll be joined by our very own Phil for a very special, curmudgeony day, plus George and Dieter handling our server-side setup (to keep it all going someone has to feed the hamsters).