Good news, Australian Windows Phone users! The official IceTV (icetv.com.au) app has just arrived at the Windows Phone Store. The IceTV TV Guide app lets you see what's on TV for the week ahead, search for shows, set keywords and favorites, create your own personalized TV guide, and much more. You can also enable recording features with a paid subscription.
Here are the features that is included with the free app:
- A full TV Guide that goes beyond 7 days for Australian free-to-air TV
- Comprehensive coverage of metro and regional areas in Australia
- Keyword Search: search for favorite shows, actors, directors
- Favorites: highlights when your favorite TV shows are on
- My Week: create your own personalized, easy-to-view TV guide
- Coming Soon: discover new shows and series ahead of time
- Most Popular: see what shows are popular with other users
- Recommendations: a pick of shows to record, with trailers
You'll need to register an account even if you're just using the free features of the app. This is so that IceTV can tailor the TV guide to your specific location and to make sure their proprietary TV Guide data is used securely on your mobile device.
If have a paid IceTV subscription and a compatible TV recorder or recording device, you get even more features. You can schedule recordings while you are away from home. IceTV works with selected TV Recorders, Network Attached Storage, Media Center PCs and Macs with TV tuners. A one-month subscription costs $13, but you can try it free for 90 days.
The IceTV TV Guide app has already been downloaded over 200,000 times on Android and iOS. We're glad to see it now on Windows Phone, too. It's a free download from the Windows Phone Store. If you're in Australia and like watching television, check out the new app. Let us know what you think of it in the comments!
Thanks for the tip, Surendra B.!