The Open University has launched its OpenLearn app on Windows 8.1. For those who aren't familiar with OpenLearn, it's a home of information from learning Gaelic to searching for life on other planets. The app contains extracts from Open University courses, learning tools from campus and insight into co-productions with BBC TV and radio channels.
The app itself is in beta and the team is eagerly seeking any feedback and/or suggestions on how the experience can be improved. Here are some features highlighted on the store listing:
- Access all OpenLearn content via your tablet
- Learn everything from getting started with Gaelic to searching for life on other planets
- Share with freinds and family via the Windows share charm
- Navigate using Windows nav bars and app bars
- This is a beta attempt to bring over a decade's worth of content into a single app
It's certainly worth the download, especially if you (or someone you know) are looking at possibly enrolling with the university. Today has been quite the day with official app coverage for both Windows Phone and Windows 8, and we're excited to see Open University show its support.