Looks like Palringo, a free and popular instant messaging program, has been officially bumped up to v2.0. See our full review/feature tour here.
Of note is that starting with v1.42, you can now hide the gangly status bar & adjust font sizes, addressing one my complaints of earlier versions.
Download here. (Note: the mobile site is still hosting v1.42, so use this link instead).
The changelog is quite large, though the app still basically looks the same:
- Completely new install/uninstall process
- Automatic updates now only notify users that an update is available - downloading is manually approved
- Settings->Display->Group join/leave alerts
- Settings->Display->Contact List (item size) option
- Settings->Display->Tab size option replaces "Large Buttons" option.
- Contact list can now be filtered by service type, so you can effectively have a separate list for Facebook/MSN/Yahoo etc.
- Added private message spam filter for Palringo service
- Edit Profile link from overview screen
- Automatic detail expansion display on reduced contact list items
- Optimized list rendering code
- Optimized avatar rendering
- Default filenames for saving images
- Reformatting of photos has been made more reliable
- Miscellaneous other bug fixes and optimizations