PhotoMath, the app that solves math equations when you point your camera at them, has picked up an update to version 184.108.40.206 that brings improved recognition, ability to use macro mode and clarification regarding handwritten text.
Here's a list of what's new:
- Math recognition and solving has further been improved.
- Added clarification about handwritten text in help screens.
- Added a more clear message when using a device that does not support autofocus.
- Camera macro-mode has been enabled so expect the app to have less problems focusing on close text.
- Math expressions now dynamically scale to fit the screen so there is no more need for scrolling in the steps screen.
The app does not support handwritten text, and only works on printed problems from math textbooks. Still, it's a great utility and one that allows you to easily see the step-by-step solution to an equation. Head on over to the Windows Phone store to download the update, and do let us know what you think of PhotoMath in the comments.