Plex users rejoice! The media streaming service has just updated its Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 apps! While there's nothing groundbreaking in this update, you do score Plex Home support, as well as playlist support as the major new features.
Additionally, Plex has made a few other changes and fixes in version 1.8, which you'll find detailed in the full changelog below:
- Plex Home support
- Playlist support
- (Video) Native MKV container support on Windows 10
- (Video) Access Now Playing queue from video player
- (Play Queues) Enable local Play Queues with synced albums and seasons
- (Play Queues) Add Play Next option
- (Music) Display actual artist when playing "various artist" albums
- (Sync) Don't attempt to sync while playing video
- (Sync) Sync composite images
- (Interface) Moved account page to settings flyout
- Explain automatic sign-out when plex.tv password changes
- Indicate how many items are in a video Play Queue
If you're unfamiliar with Plex Home, it is a feature that allows you to set up a group of users that can all stream from the same Plex media center — something that could be infinitely useful for whole families.
Again, because Plex is one of those nifty universal apps, these updates apply to both the Windows and Windows Phone versions, so feel free to grab them from the links below.