Media streaming service Plex has picked up an update that brings several features and fixes for its universal app on Windows 10 and Windows Phone 8.1. With the update, you'll notice improved stability when streaming audio, user interface fixes and performance tweaks.
Here's what's new in version 188.8.131.52:
- (Music) Improved stability
- (Sync) Major performance and responsiveness improvements
- (Single Server) Server selection is now correctly restored at startup
- (Single Server) This PC/Phone is selected when user signs in for the first time
- (UI) Movie cover art sometimes takes a large portion of the screen on Windows 10
- (UI) Make Now Playing button more remote-control friendly
- (UI) Semantic Zoom glitches
- (Status) Not able to enter Status page on Windows 8.1
- (Status) Entering Status page while offline pops a retry/back dialog
- (Win) Some small UI tweaks
- (WP) Fix PlayQueue popup menu on devices with virtual buttons
- Do not show activation dialog when media is flung from another app
- A number of user-reported crashes
Plex offers one of the most convenient ways to stream your media collection, with its Xbox One app allowing you to watch your stored content on the console. Head to the link below to download the latest update.