One of our favorite third-party camera apps for Windows Phone, ProShot, has picked up its first big update in 2015.
Last updated in December, ProShot today hits version 5.6 and with it a few new fixes, improvements, and features.
- UI refresh - many, many tweaks, fixes, optimizations, and improvements
- Added aspect ratio shortcuts to the main viewfinder
- Improved startup speed (~0.3-0.5 sec), general performance improvements, #seemsfaster
- Improved HDR
- Drive mode is now reset to 'Normal' on app launch
- Several bug fixes to aspect ratio, resolution, and point AF
Indeed, between all the speed and UI improvements, ProShot certainly deserves your attention (especially if you are not on Lumia Camera 5.0). From the built-in HDR, unique filters, ability to shoot in full 19MP (for the Lumia 930, Lumia 1520) and more, ProShot is the top of the line replacement camera app for Windows Phone.
Moreover, cheers to the #seemsfaster nod.
What about version 6.0, which was to be a complete rewrite for Windows Phone 8.1? Rise Up Games notes that version 6.0 "was delayed due to Windows 10 announcements. We will resume work on it shortly". So no worries there, just a bit longer. Such a rewrite will make ProShot even zippier with more benefits than the current 8.0 version. We look forward to trying it out!
Have questions? Jump into our dedicated ProShot forums to discuss this app, share images, and even interact with the developer!
Download ProShot for Windows Phone ($2.99, free trial)
Thanks, Arpit M., for the tip!