We don't normally post on every new thing that pops up in the WMExperts Store, but this little sucker just appeared in our New Products RSS feed and we had to have it. Check it, it's the Belkin Mini Surge Protector with USB Charger ($24.95). It's pretty straightfoward: 3 AC plugs, 2 USB charging ports (but not a hub, obviously), and surge protection for the entire lot of it. You can rotate the plug 360 degrees to get it to fit in those tough-to-reach outlets too.
Every hotel room I've ever been in has been anemic on outlets -- this solves that problem nicely and offers extra protection, thusly:
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 150kHz~100MHz to 40dB reduction
- Joule Rating: 918J
- Maximum Spike Current: 36,000A
- Number of Outlets (total): 5 (3Ac, 2 USB)
- Powered USB Output: 5V/500mA each port
- Response Time: less than 1 nanosecond
- UL Clamping Voltage: UL1449 800V
The unit is perhaps just a bit larger than I'd prefer, but you get that surge protection to make up for it. Belkin also promises to warranty any damages (up to $75 grand) caused by surges. Plus, $24.95 ain't bad.