Popular Reddit app for Windows Phone, Readit, received an update today to version 2.1.3 that fixes crashing issues encountered by users on low-memory devices, along with a host of bug fixes that make the app much more stable.
Here's a breakdown of what's new in the latest version of Readit, according to the changelog:
- Fixed gifv's sometimes not playing and showing a "converting" text (change to imgur backend processing of gifv's)
- Fixed a crashing bug for list formatted links
- Fixed messages not being marked as read automatically when you have more than 20 unread messages
- Fixed margin issue with "front page" subreddit when jumplist is disabled
- Fixed swipe view not loading links as you swipe
- Fixed a decently common crash reported via dev center to me on a number of low mem devices
- Increased performance of image context menu to make it faster and easier to use
- Fixed the jumplist scrolling bug when jumping to the star category
- Fixed NSFW tag overlapping image tag
- Fixed NSFW tag overlapping youtube tag
- Added support for the new slashtags such as u/calebkeith and r/readit
- Fixed "gifyoutube" links being identified as youtube links
If you're running into authentication issues after the update, it looks like you'll have to reinstall the client. Late last month, Readit became freely available, albeit with ads. Users that had previously bought the app were able to remove them by clicking the 'X' button, with new users having the ability to opt out of ads via an in-app purchase.