Remember The Revenants: Corridor of Souls? It’s an early Xbox Live title from Chaotic Moon Studios, the developers who recently brought Enigmo to Windows Phone. The game recently received a major update, and WPCentral is here to unlock its mysteries for you.
The Revenants version 1.2 changelog:
- Improved visuals on the "end of level" sequence.
- Improved the "loop detection" logic. This should help people who draw "nearly closed" circles.
- Improved how the game handles volume control for music started outside of the game.
- Added new 8 backgrounds. Improved the background for the last room in the level sequence.
- Updated the Chaotic Moon logo screen.
- Changed version from v1.0.5 to v1.2.0.
That last bit is worth mentioning because a surprising number of game makers forget to update their title's version numbers when a patch is released, including Star Wars: Battle for Hoth and Rocket Riot.
The Revenants is an arcade-style game in which players draw circles around ghostly enemies in order to free their souls. The game keeps players on their toes as hordes of enemies simultaneously flood the screen. Clear a room of its deceased stragglers and it’s on to the next room with untold dangers. Our review praises the circle-drawing gameplay and visual effects; though we thought it could have used a bit more content. The new backgrounds should add some welcome variety, and the loop detection logic makes a good thing even better.
The Revenants: Corridor of Souls is only $2.99, and there is a free trial. You’ll find it here (Zune link) in the Marketplace… if you dare.