Time was that Microsoft notified us of every Red Stripe Deal (then called the Xbox Live Deal of the Week) in advance. Sadly they stopped doing so many moons ago, but that hasn’t stopped our inquisitive nature. Today I was sniffing around all Wolverine-like and caught wind of tomorrow’s deals through unofficial channels – a day ahead of schedule.
The Xbox Red Stripe Deal is Rocket Riot from Codeglue, on sale for $1.99. Brain Seal’s indie RPG Dark Quest and the popular Tweet It! App from My Amazing Big Fork are both 99 cents. Head past the break for screenshots and Store links!
Rocket Riot (Windows Phone 7 and 8)
Regular price: $4.99 Sale price: $1.99 Download size: 25 MB Store Link
Rocket Riot is a cartoony 2.5D arena-based shooter. It play like a twin-stick shooter, only without the on-screen sticks. The controls are actually some of the best on the platform. The character can fly in any direction using the left stick, while the flicking the right stick (rather than holding it) fires your gun.
While the game takes place from a 2D perspective, the environments are rendered in 3D and explode into tiny cubes when shot. It makes for a frenzied but lighthearted experience, and the Achievements are pretty easy too.
Dark Quest (Windows Phone 7 and 8)
Regular price: $1.99 Sale price: $.99 Download size: 22 MB Store Link
The Red Stripe Deals have discounted a number of indie RPGs in the past few months, with the generically-named Dark Quest the latest role-playing game to go on sale. This one looks and plays like an older PC game, or as our review czar George Ponder notes, very much like a board game.
I find the use of tiles instead of standard character sprites to a cheap tactic, but it does give Dark Quest a look unlike similar games. This one doesn’t offer a trial, but at least you’re not out much if you buy it on sale and don’t dig it.
- Enter a world of fantasy and adventure: Explore twisted mazes, find hidden doors and fight bloodthirsty orcs!
- Roll the skull of fate and reveal your twisted fate: The evil sorcerer will torment your soul for his own amusement, he will summon you in the sphere of judgment where you will be forced to play a twisted game of death, and can you survive his magic?
- Slaughter endless hordes of orcs & undead: Your strength, courage and strategy will be the key into wining every battle.
- Trade with the people in the village: Spend the gold you find in your adventures in the village to buy new potions, weapons and spells for your characters.
- Control a party of up to 3 characters each with their own unique abilities: Use the unique strengths of each character and work together to defeat the minions of the evil sorcerer.
Tweet It! (Windows Phone 8)
Regular price: $2.99 Sale price: $.99 Download size: 4 MB Store Link
You know you need a good Twitter app. I myself have found MeTweets to be slightly lacking. Well, Windows Phone Central’s own Daniel Rubino thinks Tweet It! Is the best of the best. It certainly looks smoother and offers more features than the competition.
- Combining beautiful animations, clean UI and powerful features giving you full Twitter experience.
- Reimagine your timeline with support of inline images, YouTube video preview, powerful gestures and tons of features like "Street Mode."
- Post your thoughts instantly! Don't worry about long links! They will no longer take more than 23 characters of the tweet.
- Post what you are currently listening with "#nowplaying" feature.
- Search tweets and see current trends. Browse your lists.
- Do it more quicker with pinnable tiles!
- Sounds great, doesn't it? Try it yourself! Trial doesn't allow to pin additional tiles to start screen, add more than one account and contains ad.