We're gonna pat ourselves on the back here a little bit and pretend that it was our open letter and persistent persistence that finally got Verizon to open up the GPS on the HTC Touch Pro and Samsung Saga – and, finally, the Samsung Omnia.
Note that the update page is up, but the download link isn't yet live. But here's what's getting updated:
- The latest Microsoft AKU Update 1.5.1.
- Enhanced zoom for Internet Explorer.
- Slight UI Modifications.
- Various additional improvements to improve handset function.
- Open Standalone LBS Supported and Performance Enhanced (This may Support 3rd Party Applications).
- VZ Access Manager Supports Bluetooth Connection (SPP).
- Correction of memory shortage issues.
OK, so it probably had nothing to do with us. That's cool. And it's the Saga, Touch Pro and Omnia owners who are the real winners here. Thanks for finally getting it done, Verizon. (And thanks, cplush, for the tip!)
Now, Verizon, about that Marketplace thing ...
Update: Rut-ro. Sure enough, the link got pulled. Keep an eye out folks.