It's been a little while since the last update for the Slack beta app on Windows Phone. However, the popular business messaging service has pushed out a new version that brings with it a few new features.
Here are the release notes for the update, which brings the version number up to 2015.1210.0.0:
- In-app downloads
- Improved handling of Slackbot messages
- Experimental support for animated gifs (can be enabled in Settings - it may impact scrolling performance depending on device and number of images animating)
- Fixed connectivity issues some devices were having
- Fixed some issues with selecting users & inviting users to group messages
- Fixed an issue where keyboard did not properly display after resuming on authentication screen
- Improved performance on loading large direct message user lists
- Fixed various other crashes that have been reported
- Messages cannot be sent while disconected. In the future we plan to have better handling for queueing messages sent, but for now the send button should be disabled when there isn't a connection available.
- Mulit-team support - several people have requested multi-team support and we're working on it :+1:
- Performance improvements - it can always be better
- Starring and viewing starred items
- Commenting on files
- Offline support
- Channel Info pane
- More integration with Windows Phone specific features
Let us know what you think of the latest Slack beta in the comments!