The team behind Slack, an extremely popular team messaging and collaboration tool, has pushed out a new version of its beta app for Windows Phone. In this latest update, Slack has picked up support for reactions, an updated emoji set with skin tone display support, and more. Here's what's new and fixed in version 2015.1110.0.0:
- Adding reactions with a fancy emoji picker
- Updated emoji set and skin tone display support (includes recently added emoji, falls back to images where Windows Phone doesn't include support)
- Slash commands with auto-complete
- Improved support for integrations
- Improved group message support
- Channel list sorting and grouping updates
- Scrolling performance improvements
- Fixed an issue where single channel guests had trouble loading messages
- Fixed an issue where links in messages weren't preserving query strings
- Fixed some message rendering issues with overlapping text
- Fixed an issue where some users could not create channels
- Minor UI enhancements & clean up
And, with this being a beta, there's still a lingering known issue left over from previous builds:
- Messages cannot be sent while disconnected. In the future we plan to have better handling for queueing messages sent, but for now the send button should be disabled when there isn't a connection available.
If you're a Slack user, be sure to hit up the Windows Store link below to grab the latest version, and let us know what you think in the comments.
Thanks for the tip, Sergio!