We’ve been following SongArc since the app entered beta. The music game is exclusive to Windows Phone and highly addicting to those who play just a few games. The app is currently the most popular music game app in the Windows Phone Store and features nearly 3,000 reviews with an average of 5 out of 5 stars for the rating. It’s also entering v2.0 in the beta. Here’s what you can look forward to with the next big release of SongArc.
Before we jump into the new features coming to SongArc, let’s talk about the success the app has seen so far on Windows Phone. It’s gathered over 400,000 downloads in just 5 weeks in the Store. It’s the sixth best rated game in the US store and kills it for the games category. The SongArc has created Sheets for more than 20,000 songs and collectively has spent seven years playing this game. Pretty wild right?
Here are the new features coming to SongArc and currently being tested in the beta:
- Native Windows Phone 8 support, including an extremely crisp 720p and 768p design!
- Search - find playable songs by artist or title quickly
- Song position indicator - your progress in a song is now shown on the bottom of the screen
- Even more premium quality Sheets by the SongArc Team!
- Continued support for Windows Phone 7
- A brand new Sheet Details screen that does a better job explaining that you need the Sheet and the Song together to play, with other usability enhancements
- Better indication and progress feedback on what is happening when the app starts and it is contacting the server
- A nicer way to enter sheet description
Those are changes in terms of features, but here are changes that help the SongArc team generate revenue for their currently free game. (Don’t forget to grab it while it’s still free)
- Free to play, coin-based system. Use coins to download Sheets from the store. Get 25 coins every day just by starting the app - or buy them in the Store. You can even double the daily coin bonuses by purchasing the “Doubler”
- Guaranteed quality Premium Sheets for just 20 coins
- On Windows Phone 7, in-app purchases are happening through PayPal (not working in the beta yet)
Quite a lot of changes coming to SongArc. Here’s hoping the beta testers get some good feedback to the team and help squash any bugs they encounter. We’ll have a hands-on with the beta shortly. And of course we’ll let you know when version 2.0 of the app goes live in the Store for the public.
In the SongArc beta? You’ll find the link and details in your inbox. Want the public release of SongArc? Grab it in the Windows Phone Store.