It's been a little while now since we last updated our official app for Windows Phone, but fear not as version 4.0 was submitted to the store earlier this week and is right now undergoing certification. Of course we know that just waiting is never as fun as seeing the changes for yourself so we've put together a quick video to demonstrate the headline features this time around.
So, keep reading past that break to see voice commands, new live tile options and Unification support in all their glory. We expect the app to be published next week and will of course post an article as soon as that happens reminding you to grab the update.
In case you missed all the changes in our video there you can find them listed below:
- New Iconic live tile option
- Full support for the Unification system
- Voice commands and read-back (UK & US only)
- Launching of app from external websites or apps
- Social network sharing in the forums
- Fixed time display bug in forum threads
- Fixed issue with Windows Phone 7.8 live tiles
- Improved live tile setup process
- Several other minor bug fixes or UI corrections
Get involved and help translate
Now, about that current limitation on the voice commands, we know it's a pain but unfortunately I only speak English as a language. If you are in another country and want to be able to command our app in English you just need to set your speech language to English (United Kingdom) or English (United States), an option you'll find under phone settings. In the meantime, if anyone wants to be able to speak to our app using their language and is willing to translate my English commands, please get in touch with me via Twitter.
If you haven't already installed the app, you can find it here in the store for $0.99 (free trial available), as always we welcome your feedback via e-mail, comments or on our forums.