Softcard is now available for those Windows Phone users on Verizon. We saw the mobile payment launch an official app for AT&T a few weeks ago, but were waiting for T-Mobile and Verizon to join the fray. Starting today you can download the Softcard app for Verizon, grab a secured SIM card and buy your next set of groceries using your Windows Phone.
Softcard (formerly ISIS) is a free app that lets you pay with your Windows Phone. There are hundreds of thousands of locations in the United States that accept Softcard. All you need to do is grab the app, an enhanced SIM card from your carrier and pay using your NFC-enabled Windows Phone.
Here's what you get with the Softcard app for Windows Phone:
- PAYMENTS: Add eligible payment cards and get all the benefits and protections you would with your physical card. Or setup a prepaid account and add money to it with your preferred debit card, credit card or U.S. bank account.**
- OFFERS: Find money-saving offers from participating merchants—right on your phone and ready to use.
- LOYALTY: Store participating loyalty cards and cut the clutter. Plus, Softcard features state-of-the-art technology and layers of security to protect your information.
As of right now we have AT&T and Verizon Softcard apps in the Windows Phone Store. All we need is the T-Mobile version and we'll have completed the trifecta.
Anyone on Verizon with their Lumia Icon going to grab an enhanced SIM today and pay using your phone?
- Download Softcard (Verizon) for Windows Phone (Free)
- Download Softcard (AT&T) for Windows Phone (Free)
Thanks for the tip Daniel G!