Nokia and the DVLUP program have done plenty of good things for the Windows Phone platform. One of the more tangible things they’ve done is offered to help developers redesign their apps. Two apps, SoundClouda and WOD Warrior, went through a redesign and we’re going to check them out today.
Still looking for that perfect SoundCloud client on Windows Phone? We don’t have an official app yet, so we rely on third-party developers to put apps into the Windows Phone Store. Audiocloud is a crowd favorite, but you might want to check out SoundClouda to try something new. SoundClouda isn’t brand new to the Windows Phone scene, but it did recently go through a redesign thanks to Nokia and the DVLUP program.
Why SoundClouda? Though ad-supported, it is free to download and use. It also has all the features you’d want in a SoundCloud client on Windows Phone. With SoundClouda you can look forward to things like download support for track, playlist creation and playback support, search, like, comment, and repost favorite songs. Here’s what the redesign added in version 8.0.3:
- Redesigned UI with a beautiful dark theme
- Performance improvements. Now it's extremely fast
- A list of trending sounds added to the start page
- New tile designed for new start screen of Windows Phone 8.1
- Bug fixes
Download SoundClouda from the Windows Phone Store.
If you’re into CrossFit you need to check out WOD Warrior for Windows Phone. We covered the app last summer and walked away pretty impressed. It’s a very functional and useful app for anyone into CrossFit, it just wasn’t the prettiest. Thanks to the DVLUP program it looks good and now has a redesign that makes it even more functional.
WOD Warrior is now at version 184.108.40.206 in the Windows Phone Store. Though it’s big UI update occurred at version 2.0. It’s gained a few features since that UI and branding redesign. Below is all that’s new with WOD Warrior:
- Huge UI update from the Nokia DVLUP UX contest
- Fixed Settings Error.
- Display of list of benchmarks when creating new benchmark workout.
- Added Portuguese as a supported language
- Re added stopwatch.
- Added ability to edit workouts and PRs / Achievements
- Fixed loading workouts and achievements correctly
- Added History Search.
- Fixed display issue with Completed
WOD Warrior is a must for any CrossFitters out there.