Here's a possibly scenario for you to ponder:
- Sprint's Touch Diamond did not sell as well as the Touch Pro (3,000 units vs 15,000 per month)
- Sprint's Touch Diamond is EOL'd (gone by July)
- No Touch Diamond 2 is on Sprint's roadmap
- ROM file is leaked called "RUU_Quartz_Clearwire_US_1.09.1000.5_Radio_Quartz_1.13.25"
- Quartz = Touch HD / Clearwire = Sprint's Wimax partner
So we're just throwing it out there that somewhere out there on the internets is a "signed ship" ROM floating around (we've seen it ourselves) labeled for Clearwire using the Touch HD's moniker. And that Sprint shows no signs of getting a Touch Diamond 2 even though it is EOL and running on its final shipment.
We could also throw out this gem from criticalaudioinc, who works with HTC and said 7 months ago:
HTC is currently in discussion again on bringing the HTC Touch HD to the US, I currently have a GSM model that we were asked to convert to CDMA, All that was needed was to pull a board from the diamond and re-solder and flash the the rom. From what we can see it is working pretty well the solder isn't pretty but again its a test. But its looking good so far.
So there you go. What say you? We be crazy or is Sprint getting ready to launch a Touch HD with Wimax?