Stay on top of your deadlines with PowerTasks, a well-received Windows Phone application that has seen a small update for users with Windows Phone 8. If you need help keeping track of your life and haven’t committed to anyone task manager yet, it might be worthwhile to check out PowerTasks.
PowerTasks is a relatively simple and feature-light task manager that has a nice Live Tile and easy set up for entering tasks. While I think the UI as a whole could be improved, I do like the color gradients that indicate the importance of a task (even if it could be more “Metro”). Check out some of the features below:
- (NEW) Update live tile for larger WP8 size
- (NEW) Backup/restore tasks to your SkyDrive account in case of phone wipe/loss (full version only)
- (NEW) Double sided Live Tile (pin app to start)
- Set priorities, due dates, follow-up dates
- Tasks highlighted orange n days before a date is due, and red on or after the due date
- Sort views by date or priority
- Create color coded categories
- All-up task view
- Category overview page showing ok, almost due, and due task totals in each category
The app can be found in the Marketplace right here for $0.99 or by using the QR code below. If you’re not sure if you want to drop a dollar on the app right away, there is a trial that limits you to 3 categories and 15 task with no ads.
So what app do you use for tasks, the native to-do list in calendar, OneNote or another 3rd party solution? Let us know below.