Microsoft and other retailers are already taking pre-orders for the Surface Pro 3, but the 12-inch Windows 8.1 tablet officially goes on sale Friday, June 20. Today, the company announced that all of its Microsoft Store retail locations in the U.S. and Canada will be holding special Surface Pro 3 launch events on that day.
The stores will feature what Microsoft is calling "VIP white-glove" service for people who have pre-ordered the tablet from their local store. There will also be giveaways, music and food at each location and there will also be a special contest that will send a family of four on a trip to Hawaii.
The special events don't stop on June 20th. Eight days later on Saturday, June 28th Microsoft Stores in the U.S. and Canada will also be holding "Surface Summer Celebration" events, which will include a number of activities and giveaways. 10 stores will also present food and games to their customers, along with local sports figures for a meet-and-greet and yet another chance to check out the Surface Pro 3.
The list of 10 Microsoft Store locations that will hold these special events are:
- Bellevue Square, Bellevue, Washington
- Aventura Mall, Aventura, Florida
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco, California
- Westfield Garden State Plaza, Paramus, New Jersey
- Scottsdale Fashion Square, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, Arlington, Virginia
- Square One Shopping Centre, Mississauga, Ontario
- South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, California
- The Shops at La Cantera, San Antonio, Texas
If you live near a Microsoft Store, will you be joining in the festivities?