We can confirm that both devices – regardless of Insider status (i.e. Production too) – are getting the new firmware updates. Here is what is new and up-to-date.
July 14 Surface Update Changes
- Surface System Aggregator Firmware - Improves the stability of the keyboard when the device resumes from hibernation or connected standby mode.
- Surface Touch - Increases overall stability and addresses issues in touch, pen ink, and barrel button eraser scenarios.
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 - Improves system performance in some applications.
- Surface Pen Settings - Improves the stability of the pen settings and prepares for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller - Improves audio stability.
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED - Improves audio stability
- Surface Button - Improves device usability while the device is in tablet mode.
Updated with changelog information from Microsoft
Customers will need to reboot their device to complete the installation. The new drivers and firmware touch upon just about everything in the Surface from pen to the touch driver.
Microsoft so far as not detailed anything on their Surface Update History page about today's update, but we'll be sure to include any additional notes as they come in.
Thanks, Jesse C., for the tip!