Delta Airlines has launched its official Windows Phone app. Fly Delta is designed to make flying the friendly skies more convenient by giving you access to flight schedules, your travel itinerary, and reminding you where you parked your car.
The app allows you to log into your Skymiles Account, which will allow you access to your Skymile balance and Medallion. You also can access the app as a guest, should you not have a Skymile Account. Additional features of Fly Delta include:
- rebook on an alternate flight when yours has been canceled or delayed
- launch an interactive seat map and pick your seat
- check your position on the upgrade or standby list
- see the latest flight status and get terminal and gate info
- map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
- save a photo and make note of your parking spot
Delta is already working on the first update to Fly Delta and hopes to bring the ability to pay baggage fees, track checked bags, view airport maps, browse Delta Sky Club locations, and explore Delta's fleet (plane layouts).
If you are a frequent flyer on Delta, Fly Delta will surely come in handy. Fly Delta is a free application and you can download it here (opens Zune) at the Marketplace.
Thanks goes out to Sasa for the tip!