Justin Angel, a well known character within the Windows Phone community and who was recently hired by Nokia, is giving away 5 Nokia Lumia 800s (our review) to homebrew developers over at the XDA Developers forum. Although this is no competition or sweepstake, as Angel will be selecting only those who need the device and will put it to good use by creating and developing apps for the community or for those who own Lumia handsets. Here are the goals that the homebrew developers who wish to apply need to have (set out by Angel):
- Port existing homebrew apps/features/hacks to Nokia Lumia 800.
- Create new Nokia Lumia specific homebrew apps/features/hacks.
- Anything else that you can convince him makes sense.
So, how does one get hold of said free phones? It's pretty simple. You are to respond to Angel's forum post (source link below) with the following:
- What will you use the Nokia Lumia 800 for? The more specific the better. (see the aforementioned list of goals)
- Up to 3 links (+ explanation) showing that you have the previous experience required to meet your development goal.
- Anything else you think will help you get one of the Lumia 800 phones.
When does this offer close? December 23rd, or later (depending on when submissions die down). Also, this is not limited to the U.S., should you live elsewhere you may still enter. See photo of the handsets above. Head on over to the developers forum to submit your entry and be sure to read through Angel's post to get the best idea on how to approach your application.
Source: XDA Developers Forum; via PC