A while ago we reported that indie puzzle game Pirate’s Mind would be free for a limited time. Good news for gamers: developer M80 Games has decided to continue offering their game free definitely.
Pirates love free things, but that doesn’t mean they don’t like updates too. M80 has updated Pirate’s Mind a whopping three times in the month of June. Let’s look at what's changed.
Pirate’s Mind version 1.4 changelog:
- Repositioned the Multiplier starburst to be more visible during play.
- Adjusted particle effects for better presentation
- Optimized graphics to consume less memory and increase performance.
- Fixed bug where if all coins on the playfield were the same, the game couldn't continue.
Pirate’s Mind version 1.3 changelog:
- Game now saves audio settings between play sessions
- Fixed high score name entry to remember last used name
- More bugfixes.
- LG Phone users, we are still working on the issues some of you are experiencing. Please email us if you would like to help: email@example.com
Pirate’s Mind version 1.2 changelog:
- New game mode "Dash"
- Adjusted the difficulty progression to be more challenging
- Added a "Rate This Game" button. PLEASE EVERYONE...USE THIS :)
- Many bug-fixes and optimizations
- HTC crash issues hopefully resolved
As you can see, the move to a completely free model (with no ads!) hasn’t diminished the developer’s desire to sharpen the game. In our review, I mentioned that games were too easy and went on a bit too long. The new 3-minute Dash mode and difficulty changes to the standard mode really make Pirate’s Mind work better as a mobile game.
You’ll find Pirate’s Mind here (Zune link) on the Marketplace. Get it now before scurvy gets you!
We’ve also learned that M80 is working on a new puzzle game, tentatively titled Buzzwords. WPCentral will bring you an exclusive first look soon.