Last month, WPCentral broke the news that Cro-Mag Rally, the prehistoric-themed Xbox Live kart racer from Citizen 12, would be receiving a title update. At last that update has hit the Marketplace.
Cro-Mag Rally version 1.1 release notes:
- Lower camera for better overall car control
- Implement auto-accelerate. You no longer need to hold down F to keep going. (F is still displayed on screen though.)
- Tweak physics for cars on medium difficulty to make them a little less grippy (easier to drift through turns)
- Tweak control response curve to make it more "linear" (and thus more responsive at smaller angles off-center)
- Tweak dynamic range of the sensitivity setting. The least sensitive setting should require nearly 90 degree rotation of phone to achieve maximum turn. Most sensitive setting requires only about 30 degrees to achieve maximum turn.
- Lower maximum speed for all cars in certain tracks (the more curvy ones) in order to slow down the overall pace (and make them a little easier). Does not apply to Expert mode.
- Tweak the wall collision code to prevent certain instances of being able to go off map
In short, karts now auto-accelerate and the camera angle offers better visibility. After putting in a quick race in the updated version, I definitely prefer auto-acceleration to holding a ‘Forward’ button. The game’s handling still feels a little wonky, but there’s only so much a developer can do post-release. Props to Citizen 12 for taking gamer feedback into account. Check out our previous article for the developer’s full explanation behind the patch.
Cro-Mag Rally costs $2.99 and there is a free trial. Gather it here (Zune link) in the Marketplace.