It was bound to happen.
Someone at XDA ("chetstriker") has gone and created what appears to be the mother of all "spy" apps for Windows Mobile. Considering it is only at v0.3, it has quite the capability already.
Basically, you install this on someone's WinMo phone (they need .NET CF 3.5 installed) and then you send remote "command" SMSs to their phone which will give you what you want. So what can it do?
- secretly and remotely read incoming / outgoing sms
- secretly and remotely delete incoming / outgoing sms
- secretly and remotely view call history
- bounce sms messages off remote phone to someone else.
- create a pop-up message on phone
- send a secret fart sound
- secretly and remotely listen to person. (Initiates silent call back of person to your phone with thier speaker phone enabled)
- also send listening in call to somebody else's phone
No doubt the programmer has some mad skillz here and we won't pass judgment on them for making this app. Someone was bound to do it, and we suppose this is what makes WinMo such a powerful OS.
Still, please be aware of your local and state laws on spying on people and seriously think about what you are doing if you use this app. In NY this is a felony. In fact, better to be safe than sorry here. If in doubt, do not touch.
Now sound off in comments on your thoughts about this app and the moral implications.
XDA via PPCGeeks